Friday, July 15, 2011

Avocado Egg Salad

So I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman. I only made one small change, and that was to serve it on a piece of double toasted bread. I would have preferred a baguette, but did not have any at home! My husband suggested the toast in place. I also halved her recipe for just the 2 of us to enjoy! 

Hard boiled eggs, there are 2 different ways to boil eggs, I use the cold water start method. Place the eggs in a pot of cold water and then bring the water to a boil. Once you have reached a boil, cover the eggs and remove from heat. Let sit for 12-15 min depending on the size of egg.


The food processor is on of my most favorite kitchen items. Soon I will do a favorite things post and tell you more about it!


Tada! Before the addition of toast! Once I tasted it I realized in need another texture to balance it all out.
I also think that next time I would process it quite so much, let it be a tad bit chunkier.



The toast added a completely different dimension, and made it PERFECT!



Cheers!
Kalee

1 comment:

  1. I just saw her recipe too! I sent it my sister because she loves egg salad. I think the toast is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete