Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grilled Shrimp, Fried Shrimp, Shrimp Gumbo, Shrimp Etouffee

But seriously...shrimp kabobs!

I was in the mood for something light and fresh tonight, so shrimp kabobs it was!

My garden has not provided me quite enough vegetables to do all of this without the help of the local Kroger, but it was all yummy!


I used fresh water shrimp (prawns) tonight. I think I prefer regular Gulf shrimp... Make sure you de-vein the shrimp before grilling, much more appetizing! 

Chopped up into perfect kabob size pieces!

I added a couple of okra from the garden just for fun. Then I brushed both sides with olive oil, sprinkled it all with salt, pepper, and a seafood seasoning I got at Central Market called Colorado Spice Maryland Seafood Seasoning. If I had more time, I would have created a marinade and let the whole kabob marinate for at least half an our. But we were too hungry to wait!

Only takes about 6 minutes on high heat, turn once, and keep the grill lid closed as much as possible. I added 3 kabobs of veggies and pineapple. 

Chargrilled yumminess!

Paired with a spinach salad atop whole grain rice. I prefer white rice for taste/texture, but the whole grain is healthier!

All in all, a great meal! Next time I will use Gulf Shrimp and marinate it all longer. Healthy, low in sodium and very filling!

Cheers!
Kalee

No comments:

Post a Comment