Tuesday, June 28, 2011

So Fresh and so Clean!

Nothing brings the flavor of a dish out like fresh ingredients. Now while I am not fortunate enough to live on a farm, or even a chunk of land larger then your average Dairy Queen, I do have a small garden that my DH and FIL built for me last year. I keep tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, okra, squash, zucchini and bell peppers. In small pots on my back porch I keep fresh herbs. I pick the key herbs that would be used for nearly every meal, along with a couple just for fun. I HIGHLY recommend that if you have even a window to set a pot in that you keep basil, oregano and rosemary at hand.
Here are a few pics from this evening...

Fresh Basil is a perfect addition to more meals then you would think!

Some Oregano and Lemon Balm


Try roasting sliced French Bread on the grill, drizzled with olive oil and a sprig of fresh Rosemary

An old-fashioned bottle tree that my cumber has chosen to climb

Green onions are your chives, and the white parts are sweet when grilled

A few little okra...more will come the hotter it gets

These tomatoes will be red before you know it!

Cheers!
Kalee

No comments:

Post a Comment