Friday, August 5, 2011

Mmmmmm Salmon.....

Being the Food Network addict that I am, I was watching Giada at Home and just HAD to make this! I don't think I'll ever make salmon cakes from canned salmon ever again!!

I pretty much followed her recipe except that I (read: my husband) grilled the salmon directly on the grill on high heat. I also added some green bell pepper. Red would be prettier and make for a more interesting color palate, but my garden only made green ones this year!
I love how pretty lemons are! And they accompany salmon beautifully! 
All the pretty colors!

Once again, I forgot my camera, so these are taken with the iPhone and just doesn't do it justice!


And, because I was not looking at her recipe, I forgot the egg, so my cakes were falling apart a little. But no worries, they tasted GREAT! I don't typically like capers, they are a bit overwhelming of a taste in dishes sometimes, but I followed Giada's recipe, and enjoyed them this time!

YUM!

We had some okra as a little starter. Very simple, chop fresh okra into bite size pieces, drizzle with EVOO, salt and pepper and grill on a grill pan until crispy. YUM!

And the finished product! With a spinach salad on the side. It turned out GREAT! Thanks Giada!!


Check out her recipe here: Giada's Salmon Cake Recipe

Cheers!
Kalee

No comments:

Post a Comment